The shortlisted projects for this round have just been announced! Check them out here. We were seeking submissions from projects fostering connectivity and increasing opportunities for participation for members of rainbow communities in rural and regional areas or facing other forms of isolation.
The Channel will be giving away one grant of $5,000 in the Overcoming Isolation Round.
Expressions of interest open: 28 August 2017 - 15 September 2017
Short listing takes place: 16 September - early October 2017
Full applications (by invitation) open: early - mid October 2017
Member vote takes place: mid October - mid November 2017
Successful applicants announced: late November 2017
Eligible applicants must be charitable organisations with DGR1 status, and a turnover of less than $1 million in FY17.
All activities related to the project must be fully conducted within Australia and benefit Australian rainbow communities.
We will look favorably upon projects that:
- are willing to take a risk / push the envelope / agitate for change / get way outside the comfort zone!
- are community-lead;
- take an intersectional approach;
- focus on areas that are particularly under-funded and/or have low awareness.
We are open to funding:
- General project costs;
- Core operational costs;
- Capital costs;
- Salaries and wages;
- Professional development.
We are not open to funding:
- Projects that benefit an individual;
- Debt reduction or operational deficits.
If you're unclear on any of the above, check out our grant round FAQ.
If we still haven't addressed your query you can contact us.