WE'RE HIRING! Know a smart, motivated person with a passion for #LGBTIQ issues and social justice? Share the opportunity to join our team!
The Channel Giving Circle is seeking an enthusiastic team player who is keen to build their experience across a range of operational areas within a small but fast-growing LGBTIQ+ not for profit charitable organisation.
This casual position will work closely with the Executive Director to deliver prescribed activities and outcomes, with the goal of maximizing the efficiency and effectiveness of The Channel and ‘growing the pot of gold under the rainbow’ for a thriving LGBTIQ+ community.
The ideal candidate will embody The Channel’s values of diversity, inclusion, bravery, rigour and transparency in how they work, and will be able to take initiative and work independently to meet tight deadlines.
Weekly time requirement may incresse during busy periods.
JOB TYPE: Casual (paid), 7 to 10 hours per week
SUPERVISOR/MANAGER: Executive Director
ABOUT THE CHANNEL:
The primary objective of The Channel is to improve outcomes for the Australian rainbow community. We do this by growing the amount of philanthropic funds reaching this community. We are Australia's first LGBTQIA+ giving circle - Members make a monthly donation, vote on funding themes, shortlists and the final projects to support with the pooled funds raised. In essence, they are empowered to be a part of the solutions to the challenges they see within their own communities.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS / PREFERENCES
As The Channel is an LGBTIQ+ charitable organization, an understanding and familiarity of the key issues and concerns of the LGBTIQ+ community is essential. The successful applicant must be committed to diversity and inclusion.
A formal qualification, study or experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred:
- Community organisation and development
- Marketing and communications
- Business Administration or similar
- Some experience working in administrative roles (paid or unpaid)
- Some experience working in the community sector (paid or unpaid)
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication essential
- MailChimp, Survey Monkey, SmartyGrants, Canva, PhotoShop (or equivalent) an advantage
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
- Self-driven and able to take intiative / work independently
- Interest in learning and growing in the role
- Passion for social justice issues (especially in the LGBTIQ+ space)
- High level of organisation and efficiency of day to day operations of organisation
- Deadlines being met consistently
- Effective collaboration with Executive Director
- Steady growth organisation’s of online presence and following
- High level of Member satisfaction
- High quality event planning and execution
Please provide a cover letter (one page maximum) telling us how you meet each of the selection criteria in the position description. Please let us know how your skills and experience relate to the requirements of the position and how you can use them to excel in this job.
Along wth your covering letter, please provide your resume. In your resume, please be sure to include:
- Your name and contact details;
- Your education;
- Your work experience.
There are four main steps in our application process:
Application: Once your application is received, you will receive an email from us to acknowledge that we have received your application.
Shortlising: A selection panel of 2 to 4 persons will review the applications and offer interviews to those applicants whose applications best address the requirements of the position.
Interviewing: If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted to arrange an interview time. Your interview will be with two representatives from The Channel. You will be informed as to the format of the interview prior to the interview occurring.
Offer: Appiontments to The Channel are made on the basis of merit to the applicant who is judged to be the most capable of carrying out the duties of the position. All unsuccessful applicants, including those who were not shortlisted, will be informed at this point by email.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Georgia Mathews, Executive Director, email@example.com.
The Channel is a leading resource and funder for thriving LGBTIQ+ communities. Diversity and inclusion is more than a commitment at The Channel, it is our source of strength. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage applications from people from all walks of life, especially those at multiple intersectionalities. We are pleased to facilitate accessibility adjustments and are committed to a fair and equitable interview process for all applicants.